The Beauty of Vaporwave/Future Funk

Stevenson University student Zaria Greene

Name: Zaria Greene
Class: Senior
Major: Business Communication
Favorite Genre of Music: Vaporwave/Future Funk
Favorite Artist: Skylar Spence

Hello, I'm a senior Business Communication major at Stevenson University writing a blog about what students are listening to here on campus and showing off their personalized Spotify playlists! Surprisingly enough, I do not like the music people my age are listening to nowadays.

 I love 1980s pop songs because of the upbeat lyrics and catchy rhythms. I love Vaporwave/Future Funk music which I would define as taking samples from 1970s and 1980s songs, Japanese songs, and even elevator music and remixing them to be more modern. I discovered this genre around 2010 while on YouTube and listening to songs that were starting to become popular.

I listened to some of these songs and instantly fell in love. The modern twists on songs that are created from this genre are really unique and fantastic to me, and make me continually listen to it whether I’m in the car driving or just doing homework.

 I love this genre of music, and anytime you see me with my headphones on, you can believe that I am blasting all kinds of songs from this genre and staying in my own little zone.

Check out my Spotify playlist down below to hear some of my favorite Vaporwave/Future Funk songs!




Comments

  1. I personally like all forms of wave music, they give a certain vibe that other genres don’t.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Darrion! Most genres of music, especially this generation, do not have the beautiful vibes that wave music has!

      Delete

Post a Comment