My Opinion Of Future Funk Music [Curated Post]

Recently I read a blog post by rashelexe about their take on Future Funk music.

Reading Blog Post GIF

Rashelexe says that Future Funk is defined as creating modern sounds of music sampled from 70s and 80s disco, funk, Japanese and jazz songs. This is very true seeing how most songs have that disco and retro feel to it.

Me and rashelexe love this genre of music. However, we disagree on the Vaporwave music part. You see, Future Funk is seen as a subgenre of Vaporwave music, which is why I consider both my favorite genre of music.

The difference in Vaporwave music is the samples are from the same music from the 70s and 80s but they usually slow the tracks down, whereas Future Funk speeds them up.

Most people, like the author of this blog, tend to see Vaporwave as a joke genre of music that was generated from the internet from this one song called Macintosh Plus.

 
Future Funk on the other hand has an amazing aesthetic that makes me enjoy listening to this music. It gives off great vibes that most music people my age listen to does not have.

You can see the difference between the Original Song vs. Future Funk
 
 
Listening to Future Funk makes me imagine I'm driving off into the sunset in my car with the windows down vibing to this wonderful genre of music.....

Comments